Conservatives, Stop The Insanity: Newt Gingrich Is Horrible
That's the headline by Michael Brendan Dougherty from the Business Insider, Nov. 10, 2011.
I can't say it any better. Please read the article.
WAKE UP! Newt cares about Newt! He's NEVER been conservative.
PAY ATTENTION! How have you all forgotten, or chosen to IGNORE the history of Newt Gingrich? TheTownCrier has tried for years to expose his 'moved left' record and now Newt is climbing in the polls for president. I find it astounding!
Newt is for amnesty. In CNN June debate he , not unlike Perry, used the word heartless against those that would like to deport illegal aliens as REQUIRED BY LAW! Either change the
law, or enforce it...at least pick a candidate who might do one or the other!
"GINGRICH: No, but let me say this, John. No serious citizen who's concerned about solving this problem should get trapped into a yes/no answer in which you're either for totally selling out protecting America or you're for totally kicking out 20 million people in a heartless way. There are -- there are humane, practical steps to solve this problem, if we can get the politicians and the news media to just deal with it honestly." June 2011 Transcript http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/13/se.02.html
The other day Newt said he regretted cozying up to Nancy Pelosi to push a global warming agenda. I wonder if he regrets writing that letter in the Wall St. Journal pushing the McCain/Kennedy amnesty....hmmmmm???? WSJ, February 6, 2004 - Welcome to America
He wrote the forward to 'Creating a New Civilization; Politics of the third wave'.
Creating a New Civilization: The Politics of the Third Wave
"In 1994, Newt Gingrich described himself as a fan of the ideas espoused in the book, The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler, in which homosexuality, promiscuity, adultery, divorce, and abortion are all viewed as perfectly normal and even desirable. He said that in order to understand him, you should read the book, The Third Wave by Toffler. This book is written from the perspective of someone who is writing a letter to America’s Founding Fathers, in which he describes the Constitution and the principles of limited government that guided our Founding Fathers as becoming increasing irrelevant, and obsolete, and hence in need of being radically redesigned and replaced!....When Newt Gingrich became the Speaker of the House in 1994, he recommended The Third Wave as required reading for all of his Congressional colleagues!"
Gingrich Backs Obamacare’s Individual Mandate Requiring Health Insurance
Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Gingrich told host David Gregory that he continues to advocate for a plan he first called for in the early 1990s as a Congressman, which requires every uninsured citizen to purchase or acquire health insurance.Redstate also offers this useful non-conservative Newt timeline:
Meet the Press in October 1993: “I am for people, individuals -- exactly like automobile insurance -- individuals having health insurance and being required to have health insurance. And I am prepared to vote for a voucher system which will give individuals, on a sliding scale, a government subsidy so we insure that everyone as individuals have health insurance.”
Gregory asked Gingrich if he would criticize GOP presidential rival Mitt Romney, whose "Romneycare" health program enacted during his time as Governor in Massachusetts mandated that all uninsured purchase health insurance.
Gingrich replied he would not make it an issue in the campaign and said he agreed with key aspects of Romneycare.
"I agree that all of us have a responsibility to pay--help pay for health care," Gingrich said, adding, "I've said consistently we ought to have some requirement that you either have health insurance or you post a bond ..."
The Record of Newt Gingrich
- 1979 Voted to create the Department of Education, under President Jimmy Carter
- 1990 Becomes member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
- 1993 Voted for NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement
- 1994 Supported the WTO, the World Trade Organization. Voted for GATT, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade that subjected Americans to the international authority of the WTO
- 1995 Becomes Speaker of the House of Representatives and recommends reading The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler as required reading for all of his Congressional colleagues. Wrote the foreword to another one of Toffler’s books, The Politics of the Third Wave, Creating a New Civilization
- 1995 Delivers speech to the Center for Strategic and International Affairs in which he blames the US Constitution for making America’s role in leading the world more difficult! Read his full quote in accompanying article, “The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution…”.
- 1995 The liberal establishment Time Magazine names Newt Gingrich their “Man of the Year”
- 1995 Appeals to the US House of Representatives to increase the power of the Presidency by repealing the War Powers Act of 1972, and urged President Clinton to expand the US military presence in Bosnia.
- 1996 Under his leadership, Congress passed the largest single spending increase on education in US history, a whopping $3.5 billion dollars!
- 1999 Newt resigns over failed midterm elections in which Republicans lost 5 seats, the worst loss in history for a Party who did not control the White House. At the same time, he was also involved in a flap over an extra marital affair and a controversial book deal.
The Reincarnation of Newt
- 2008 Records the ‘We Can Solve It’ global warming TV commercial for Al Gore along with Nancy Pelosi
- 2009-2010 Travels around the country with Al Sharpton and Arne Duncan to promote President Obama’s new educational policies: i.e. increased local control of schools with increased Federal subsidies and regulations from Washington.
- 2010 Supported ultra-liberal, pro-abortion, pro-union, establishment candidate Dede Scozzafava in New York’s 23rd Congressional District in a special election, over conservative candidate Doug Hoffman.