R.I.P. Sen. Ted Kennedy 1932- 2009
Here is Ted Kennedy commenting on the 1965 immigration bill,Quote
“The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission.” End of Quote.
Ted Kennedy on the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli Bill, Quote:
“This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.” End of Quote.
Ted Kennedy(2007) on the McCain/Kennedy immigration proposal, Quote:
“The plan will strengthen our borders and our national security while providing a tough but fair path to citizenship for millions of people.” End of Quote
Website was not impressed!
Addendum: Aug. 27, 2009
Yes, he did help a lot of people with his socialist legislation. Can't deny that. We always wondered who was voting for this guy....the people who got something out of it, that's who. Of course, in liberal, Northeastern Massachusetts, there aren't too many victims of illegal alien crime to have voted against him.
"In essence, not only are the victims of illegal alien crime ignored and forgotten, they are not even given the dignity of being a statistic. They just disappear. We are creating this registry and data base to change this disgrace, because the government should be tracking this aspect of crime. As you peruse the VOIAC database and note the incredible number, and horrific impact, of the crimes committed by illegal aliens, remember that none of these crimes ever would have been committed if the President and Congress were exercising their constitutionally-mandated responsibilities of securing the border and enforcing existing law!"
Perhaps these are the folks who we should be celebrating today. They paid with their lives for the legislation Ted Kennedy pushed through for special interest groups. (a few of the victims)
"In collaboration with other investigations, FSM has discovered that the illegal alien population contains a disproportionately large percentage of hard core criminals, sexual predators, and drunken drivers. While the President and Congress have basically proposed amnesty to all the illegal aliens who are currently in the United States, for the most part they do not want to discuss or make known the massive collateral damage that many of those same illegal aliens are inflicting on the American people. Once those illegal aliens are made legal immigrants, or guest workers, they will simply be added to the resident criminal population."
Ted Kennedy pushed SEVEN amnesties into law. None was followed by a reduction in illegal immigration.
1. In 1986, Ted Kennedy's blanket amnesty for 2.7 million illegal aliens promised a lot more enforcement but did not set any requirements for actual reductions in illegal immigration.
2. In 1994, Ted Kennedy's Section 245(i) Amnesty gave legal residence and jobs to 578,000 illegal aliens. It was a temporary rolling amnesty primarily for extended family members of immigrants who instead of waiting in line, come on to the country illegally.
3. In 1997, Ted Kennedy's extension of the Section 245(i) rolling amnesty was followed by an increasing flow of illegal immigration.
4. In 1997, Ted Kennedy also won an amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America. Illegal immigration sped up some more.
5. In 1998, Ted Kennedy won an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
6. In 2000, Ted Kennedy got the so-called Late Amnesty, legalizing another 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed that they missed out on Kennedy's 1986 amnesty.
7. In 2000, Ted Kennedy also won the LIFE Act Amnesty for an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. It was another reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty...an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. Illegal immigration accelerated.
The SHERIFF is back!
Terry Anderson tells it like it is on immigration!