PLEASE! SIGN SEN. INHOFE PETITION TO STOP AMNESTY!
This is a great tool to use in this battle. PLEASE sign it now! Then forward to everyone. The Senate/Whitehouse is adding more and more problems with each day to immigration 'reform' (which it ain't, AMNESTY, which it is!)
INHOFE ANNOUNCES ONLINE PETITION FOR AMERICANS TO SUPPORT BORDER SECURITY AND NO-AMNESTY IMMIGRATION REFORM Press release
(JUNE 15, 2007) - U.S. Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.) today announced "Secure Borders Now" (www.SecureBordersNow.com), a new website for Americans to urge the Senate to consider immigration reform that focuses on enforcing existing border security laws and opposition to amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants.
"Unfortunately it appears many in the Senate remain deaf to the voices of the American people, as yet another backroom deal has emerged designed to revive the fatally flawed immigration bill and its immediate path to amnesty. The 'Secure Borders Now' petition gives Americans an opportunity to voice their opposition. I hope my constituents and citizens from all across our country will take action, sign the petition and show how many Americans are strongly opposed to this bill."
"Despite the promise of increased funding for border security and additional votes on a handful of amendments, the proposed legislation will continue to shortcut the current naturalization process and grant amnesty to 12 to 20 million illegal immigrants currently in our country. That is a trade off that I simply cannot support.
"The first step in any significant immigration legislation must be securing our borders and enforcing existing laws. It is unconscionable to make border security conditional on the guarantee of amnesty. Even with the promise of additional funding for border security, the Senate bill focuses far too much on controversial and irresponsible programs such as the 'Z-visa' (which I voted to eliminate), and far too little on ensuring that our borders are no longer porous.
"I have stated from the outset of this immigration debate that I will vehemently oppose any legislation that guarantees amnesty for illegal immigrants, unfairly burdens taxpayers or fails to secure our borders.
"It is time that we deal with real immigration reform beginning with border security. This is the best way to restore trust with the American people and facilitate future improvement of our immigration policy."
On Tuesday, Senator Inhofe joined eight Senators in writing a letter to President Bush urging him to fulfill the border security provisions listed in the Senate immigration bill whether the legislation passes or not. Each border security trigger in the bill can be implemented under current law without any need for new legislation from Congress.
A Rasmussen Reports national phone survey conducted June 11 and 12, found that only 20 percent of voters wanted Congress to try and pass the Senate bill that failed last week. Sixty-nine percent favored an approach that focused "exclusively on securing the border and reducing illegal immigration."
Inhofe has a bill sitting in the judiciary committee of the Senate!! WE need to make them get it out to vote on! The ENFORCE ACT is a good piece of legislation that ties up a lot of loopholes, short and sweet.
Common Sense 'ENFORCE ACT' introduced By Sen. Inhofe
(a) Short Title- This Act may be cited as the `Engaging the Nation to Fight for Our Right to Control Entry Act' or the `ENFORCE Act'.
Major Provisions in Inhofe's ENFORCE Act:
· Establishes the National Border Neighborhood Watch (NBNW) Program allowing retired law enforcement officers to assist Border Patrol agents by reporting illegal border crossings.
· Makes unlawful-presence in the United States a felony.
· Establishes an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
· Authorizes funding for online immigration training for state and local law enforcement officers.
· **** Eliminates the practice of granting automatic U.S. citizenship to children born to illegal immigrants in an effort to reduce 'anchor babies.'******
· Establishes an independent verification system for Social Security numbers; also mandates that immigrant's Social Security numbers expire when visa runs out.
· Establishes electronic birth & death registries to fight fraudulent Social Security cards
· Helps reduce Individual Taxpayer Identification Number abuse.
· Empowers state & local law enforcement to carryout immigration laws (but does not make it mandatory).
· Establishes penalties for most flagrant employer tax violations—i.e. if an employer willfully files incorrect tax returns, they will be assessed the maximum penalties available.
· Makes it illegal to operate day laborer centers for illegal aliens and to give them unemployment assistance.
· Eliminates in-state tuition benefits for illegal aliens.