These are the rules.
Many are borrowed; it's hard to improve on perfection. I'm pulling a Ghandi here as well. He once said to judge him by his most recent comments; that he, too, may learn some things and change his mind on a given subject!
- Protect the innocent.
- Never ask someone to do something that you are not willing to do yourself.
- Leave it like you found it, or make it better.
- Keep your promises and pay your bills - on time.
- SILENCE IS CONSENT.
- Slavery didn’t happen because people are black or white. Evil isn’t particular about color.
- Be careful what you wish for.
- NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN’T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
- Greed is more devastating than poverty.
- Your rights stop where my nose starts.
- You are only as strong as what you stand next to, that from which you draw your strength.
- Youth and strength are no match for old age and treachery.
- Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig!! (this is the one I can't seem to get right! )
- "It is a bad person that has pity for those that do not deserve it." (added 5/15/07 thanks, AEMILIUS PAULUS)